Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Weekend in their Wild Little Kingdom

I spent the long CNY/Valentine's Day/Presidents Day weekend with my brother and his family down in Orange County. Per usual, I had such a good time hanging with my nephew ("I'll play whatever you want to play auntie Nic"), cooing over the cuteness that is my adorable 11-month-old niece (she just started walking a couple of weeks ago) and just hang with my brother and sister-in-law.

The little one going to town on her lunch. This girl can eat! Just like her aunt!

In celebration of Valentine's Day, my sister-in-law and nephew made the most addictive peppermint bark using white chocolate, dark chocolate and peppermint candy canes leftover from Christmas (hey now, the candy canes keep with the V-day color scheme). I even got sent home with my own to-go bag full of the peppermint bark, complete with a red heart sticker! Thanks Sarah!

White Chocolate chips being melted down to make the bark.

My nephew lending a helping hand

Then, in celebration of Chinese New Year, we had a bountiful spread of steamboat. Steamboat is by far one of my favoritest meals ever! Steamboat and me = BFF! (Sorry meeks!) I'm still stuffed from the feast but it was so worth it.



And in celebration of um Sunday morning, my sister-in-law, Sarah, made blueberry muffins just cause! *mmmmm* I cannot tell you what a joy it is to wake up to the smell of homemade blueberry muffins, especially ones that I did not have to wake up early to make. Check out Sarah's beautiful blog, Our Wild Little Kingdom, for a post about said muffins along with the recipe and her thoughts on comfort food/the memories that blueberry muffins hold for her.


For more pictures from this weekend and from our steamboat extravaganza, check out Sarah's latest blog posting.

Oh yes! And if you haven't already noticed, I decided to combine both my blogs (eatings and adventures) into one just cos I thought it would be better if all my posting were located in the same space!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I'm LOL at that photo of Elsa! Thanks for the cross-post...your blog is quickly becoming one of my favorite reads!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails