Monday, May 10, 2010

Payard Pâtisserie & Bistro



While in Vegas, with the exception of dinners, all my meals were consumed in a rush, eaten within seconds in attempt to get back to the mountain load of work that awaited me.

One said meal was breakfast at Payard Pâtisserie & Bistro. Well, I use the word breakfast loosely because it was after 1pm by the time I finally found the opportunity to eat my first meal of the day. Taking advantage of the Payard Pastry shop in the lobby of my hotel (Caesar's Palace), I got a quick order of Crepe Madam- scrambled eggs, ham and swiss cheese- to go.

Topped with a bitter salad, this crepe was seriously good stuff. Now I cannot quite tell how big a factor my raging appetite played in this review (b/c we all know that everything tastes better when one is on the verge of starvation- and no I am not being dramatic, I cannot skip breakfast!!) but I thoroughly enjoyed this crepe.

It is hard to go wrong with scrambled eggs, ham and swiss cheese, but the crepe itself was what I enjoyed the most. Made-to-order, the crepe was cooked to surprising perfection with a good sear to it and a lovely whole wheat-esk bite. To me, what makes a crepe good is its thickness and texture. I've had too many too thick, or too thin, or too soggy crepes in my lifetime and fortunately, Payard's crepe does not fall into this category.

Details:
Payard Pâtisserie & Bistro @ Caesar's Palace
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
877-346-4642

4 comments:

  1. Sure looks like a prata to me! Mama T

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Sure didn't taste like a prata... Speaking of which... now I'm craving one! SIGH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...
    If that is "to go", is that a plastic "to go" platter? .. with a cover? Sure looks fabulously "Caesar"!
    Mama T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! It was a plastic to go platter! Literally! Very fancy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails