Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wallpaper

Lately, I've been cheating on Food. My part time lover? Home decor.

Brought about by my big move into my "grown up" apartment, I've been scouring home decor blogs allowing my imagination to grow wild with possibilities.

In my new grown up apartment, there is this short and narrow hallway that leads into to the main living area. I've been dreaming about wallpapering that entire space with a bold, bright and beautiful pattern. Dreaming being the keyword, since it's an apartment and wallpapering the walls is not really an option.

But a girl can keep dreaming right? No harm, no foul.

Here are some of my favorite botanical wallpapers that I've come across in my adulterous blog surfing.


















To be honest, I would really love a black and white zig-zagged wallpaper. Think Missoni but in black and white. Alas! I haven't found it anywhere. Double alas! Even if I found it, it's not like I can use it!

So, out of the patterns above, which wallpaper is your favorite?

Oh and Happy July folks!

(images: Graham & Brown, House to Home, de Gournay, GP & J Baker, Alvhem some via Decor 8)

2 comments:

  1. (Gingerly)This is all a mental exercise only right? Ok then, like colors, I dont really have a favorite. I need to take into consideration so many things, like which particular wall.. what furnishing...whose home etc.
    So if we are talking about a long, narrow and dark hall of a fresh out of college young lady's first 'grown-up' apartment, then perhaps the fuchia pink floral. Hmmm.., but how would one pull the pink into the living room?? Mama T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3rd and 4th especially.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails