Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mid Week Pics & A Lament


Is it really and truly Wednesday already? Is this week really being kind and flying by? Is Mama T really going to be by my side in 3 days?! *fist pump*

As I wait with breath that is baited, I've been attempting to get some summer reading in and have therefore been re-reading all the Austen classics. Yesterday I finally finished Mansfield Park. Inspired by the novel, I proceeded to head over to my local library to borrow the 1999 movie version of the book.

Alas, I was sorely disappointed. Despite having Johnny Lee Miller as Edward Bertram, the movie version differed so greatly from the book that I felt cheated.

Fanny Price so did NOT agree to marry Henry Crawford, albeit she later repudiated! Nor was she sent back to Portsmouth as punishment from a vengeful Sir Thomas. And come on! Would Mary Crawford really just proclaim her silly little ideas in front of the entire family? What about decorum? Or the more conservative social norms of that time and age? *Lament lament lament*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails