Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy 4th Weekend!

I'm not an American. I didn't grow up in America. I have no American blood in me, whatsoever. My sole link to America is that it has been the country where I have resided for the past 8 years.

Despite all those facts, the 4th of July still holds special meaning for me because it's my dearest Papa T's birthday! So Happy Birthday in advance Pa!! Love you lots!

Birthdays aside, the non-American in me does look forward to the Fourth. I mean who am I to turn up my nose at a day that celebrates Independence. And celebrates it with food, friends, fun and fireworks!

I don't know what exactly I will be doing this fourth of July weekend, but it will go something along the lines of completing the big move, unpacking, beach time, friends, fireworks and hopefully some BBQ! Oh yes, and sun! With the June gloom that has recently descended on LA, one can only hope that the weather on Sunday will be friendlier .

What are your 4th of July plans? Or, if you have absolutely no reason to celebrate the Fourth of July, what are the grand weekend plans?

Happy 4th Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails