Thursday, July 8, 2010

A New Watch

I'm upset. I recently lost my beloved watch. While it was not the most expensive watch in the world, it had great sentimental value to me.

The lovely Aunties of my mother's care team gave me the watch prior to my departure from Singapore. That was 8 years ago.

It was a Time Engine watch, with a simple silver rectangular face and black leather straps. Simple, elegant and classic-- me. Or at least the me that I would like to be.

My trusty Time Engine journeyed with me through 2 1/2 years of high school, 4 years of college and 1 year or so of post college life. It saw me through a heart break or two, countless nervous breakdowns, too many late night study cram sessions, 2 Olympic outings and many many other adventures. It has great sentimental value to me.

Since there is no use crying over spilled milk, I have been shopping around for a replacement watch.

If money were no object, this is the watch that I would like.


Cartier Ballon Bleu Collection

But since I live in reality, these are what I realistically can afford.

2 comments:

  1. Are any of them solar-powered? That's my next dream watch. ;) Citizen makes a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo Citizen. I forgot to check out what they have to offer :) and solar-powered. hmmm always a plus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails