Friday, July 30, 2010

Pasta With Slow Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

I ran out of long pasta, so I apologize for the visual not matching up with the recipe

Good Friday folks! How has your week been treating you?

Mine has been fairly busy, what with 2 old college friends returning to LA for visits. We've been hanging out, catching up and sharing laughs.

But in the meantime, I thought I would share with you my favorite roasted cherry tomato recipe. Now I know it's weird that I am posting a recipe that involves turning on the oven this late in the summer. But what can I say, I had a huge tub of cherry tomatoes sitting in my fridge and I love this recipe!

Ingredients:
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
Splash of Olive Oil
Dash of white Balsamic vinegar
A couple cloves of unpeeled garlic
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Pinch of red Chile flakes
Any long pasta like spaghetti or angel hair or tagliatelle
Torn fresh basil leaves
Grating of Parmigiano cheese

Directions:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees

2. Place your cherry tomatoes and unpeeled garlic cloves in a small tray. Splash with a good drizzle of olive oil and a dash of white balsamic vinegar. Then, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red chile flakes.

3. Pop the tray in the oven and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, allowing the tomatoes to pop and break down lightly.

4. Remove from oven and squeeze the garlic from the skins and mix lightly into the tomato mixture. Toss lightly over cooked pasta and mix in basil leaves. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and garnish with the grated cheese. If you have some Italian parsley on hand, it won't hurt to throw some in for good measure! Enjoy!

Happy Weekending! I'm off to the OC to hang with Mama T and her grand babies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails