Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day Ecards

Good Tuesday fair folks! How was your weekend? I had a fairly eventful one, spending Friday evening killing and cooking 6 live crabs (I was so proud of myself for not getting too squeamish about it and for cooking a pretty bomb chili crab) and then spending the weekend itself chilling and celebrating the New Year with my favorite munchkins of all time- aka the niece and nephew.

Now that CNY has come and gone, I am already looking toward the next Hallmark holiday that we can celebrate... Valentine's Day!

Despite getting my heart broken before and despite being completely single, I am still a deep romantic at heart. However, even the romantic in me has to practice my gag reflex at the over usage of traditional sticky- sweet holiday romantic expression. "I wurve you"... "Be Mine"... "Let's grow old together"...

Enter Valentine's Day Ecards from someecards. Acerbic, true and so very hilarious, who wouldn't want to receive the sweet-ish sentiment of " I want to grow old and disgusting with you."



  


 And there's plenty more to choose from! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey you who have been deprived of your culture, the Chinese New Year celebrations still goes and culminates on "Chap Goh Mei", which this year falls on February 17. "Chap Goh Mei", or the 15th night, is the Chinese equivalent of Valentine's Day! This is the night that young Chinese maidens would go down to the river, or lake, to cast mandarin oranges into the river with a prayer for a young man to come a-courting soon! Wonder if it would still work if a certain mama go tossing for a certain young maiden (and for her best friend too, if need be)??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails