Friday, May 28, 2010

Merci


Being a foreign student in college was not always the easiest thing. I was always the "kid" without family at all of our swim meets and functions. I always felt silly during our team's parents weekend when we did the whole stand-up-in-front-of-everyone-and-introduce-yourself-and-your-family bit. "I'm Nicolette, I'm from Singapore and I here alone."

That being said, I was always very fortunate to have many friends whose families "adopted" me and took me in, whether for a home-cooked meal, or hosting me over spring/Christmas break. As such, I am always on the search for the perfect hostess gift to show my gratitude to my "current" adoptive family. Flowers were great when it was a local dinner, but sometimes I had to board planes to get to my adoptive destination and flowers don't last. Household ware was always cute but hard to hit the nail on the head if you don't know the adoptive home's decoration theme. Cards after the fact were always a must, but I hated (and still do) showing up empty handed. So like I said, I am always on the hunt for the perfect hostess gift.

This set of vintage wooden blocks that spell out "Merci" are right on the money and a great way to say thanks! I love the mix of the shiny gilded letters and the bold pop of blue. The company that makes the blocks also offers personalized blocks, so you could also spell out the last name of your host family. Which ever route you choose, these charming wooden blocks would make a sweet addition to a desk, table or dresser of any hostess with the mostest.

Details:
Merci Set of Gilded Blocks
Cabin 7
$31.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails