Friday, June 4, 2010

Madewell


If you know me, you'll know that I love Madwell (whether I can actually afford clothes from Madewell is another story). Last Friday, Madwell quietly launched their e-commerce site and boy does that make me happy. While there's a brick-and-mortar store a couple minutes from my apartment in LA, it's nice to be able to peruse their goods via my Mac.

To celebrate, here are a couple things that I am loving about Madewell's new website.


1. Looks we Love- Much like their sister brand J Crew, Madewell's got an incredible crew of stylists on hand to make their clothes look even more desirable. The virtual look book allows users to shop each individual look. Personally, I'm in love with the Floaty Floral Dress (Look #3) and have even gone so far as to try it on in the store. P.S. The dress looks better on a body than it does in the picture above, so be sure to check it out in the look book.





2. Alexa Chung- Scheduled to hit stores this July, I cannot wait to get my hands on (or at least try on) Alexa Chung's collection for Madewell. The site's teaser for her collection just builds the anticipation.



3. The twisted metal and crystals necklace is the die for. A perfect mix of polish and punk, this necklace has the power to transform the simplest top or tee into something really special.




4. Brunch shorts- Any piece of clothing named after my favorite meal is sure to get my attention. Better still, these shorts have the right amount of ease and rumple making it ideal for a lazy weekend brunch.

5. The Denim Bar- This tool features all their jean styles on a virtual rack, allowing you to click through until you find your perfect fit. The Denim Bar also features the different washes that are offered for each style, and a Behind the Seams video on one of the brand's denim designers.



6. Get the Goods- A collage of cute clothes, accessories and line inspirations that the editors at Madewell handpick from their current collection. Much like Jcrew's Jenna's Picks where creative director Jenna Lyons cherry picks her favorite pieces from the Jcrew collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails