Friday, January 22, 2010

The Moment Jars

Illustrations by Kim Fox


Every year, the Team at Th!nk Creative Inc, an Orlando based advertising agency and creative services provider, collaborates on a creative book. The Moment Jar is their latest illustrated storybook about a man who has been collecting the Moments in his life in jars, literally, and storing them in his basement.

In addition to the book, there is also a website where anyone can go and share their own moment by adding a special moment jar to the virtual collection. Browsing through the website, there are moments in Spanish, in Italian, and even in languages I can't place. There were moments about having kids and others about being a kid. Moments about falling in love and also about falling out of love. Moments of birth and of death. There were moments that brought tears to my eyes ("I realized I was finally going to be adopted and have a family") and others that made me laugh ("If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it"). I thought it was definitely noteworthy to see that there weren't any moments about money, possessions or material goods.

After visiting The Moment Jars website, I came away feeling closer to the community of faceless people who posted and shared their special moments with me. In return, I added to the virtual collection by putting my special moment into a jar.

The Moment Jars are a sweet reminder that the most precious things in life aren't found in stores (but ironically in jars?).

To purchase the book or to share your special moment, visit
The Moment Jars

2 comments:

  1. I'm still amazed at the response we've gotten to this concept. Thank you so much for your kind words about what The Moment Jars has become! send me your address and I'll send you a book.

    Mark Freid
    mfreid@thinkcreativeinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure Mark! The Moment Jars is a beautiful project and I felt compelled to share it with everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails