Friday, December 13, 2013

Dressember: Day 13

#Dressember2013 Day 13: 

#Dressember founder, Blythe Hill, posted this along with her daily dressember post. 

"The hardest part of #Dressember, for me? Posting a photo of myself every day. Having the photos taken is one thing (NBD), wearing the dresses is fun (to me), but posting a selfie everyday is out of my comfort zone. The thing is, this campaign isn't about my comfort zone: this is about using the ubiquitous selfie/#ootd to draw attention to one of the biggest injustices happening in our world. Dressember is bigger than a dress, bigger than me, bigger than fashion: it's about joining together in the fight to #endslavery with @IJMhq" 

I couldn't agree more with Blythe. 13 days into dressember, I've found I do enjoy the creative aspect of dressing up (and making the effort to look like a real person). What's not so fun is posing for said photo and then sharing pictures of myself (JUST myself) online. Feels a little too self-indulgent for little ole me. That being said, I love that by dressing up and sharing my pictures, conversations are started and awareness is raised. Nothing could be more satisfying because Dressember is truly bigger than a dress!

Did you know fact of the day: Contrary to common assumption, human trafficking is not just a problem in other countries. Cases of human trafficking have been reported all over the US. 

Let's do our part to stop human trafficking and sexual exploitation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails