Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

I would never consider myself an expert on Chinese New Year and all the traditions and rituals that come along with it. (Christmas expert yes, but not Chinese New Year.)

However, I hope your homes have been cleaned, CNY decorations as well as fresh chrysanthemums are abundant around the home, new clothes have been bought and that you're all ready and excited to eat and be reunited with friends and family! 

It's been about 9 years since I last spent CNY at home with my parents and it pains me to think about all the good times I've missed or about all the ang pows that never came my way. Oh well...

This year, I am doing a second night dinner with my cousins and then heading down to OC to spend the rest of the Chinese New Year weekend with my bro and Co. It's not quite the same as spending the New Year in Singapore. Nevertheless, I am thankful for having family close by. 

Xin Nian Kuai Le folks!

Photo Credit: Beth Liebetrau 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails