Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Having been raised in Singapore, I obviously didn't grow up celebrating Thanksgiving. Rather, we would have Thanksgiving food- Turkey, Ham, Green Bean Casserole and the works- on Christmas eve. And then, my Church friends and I would celebrate "Thanksgiving" on the 31st of Dec by gathering together and sharing what we were thankful for that year.


Isn't it weird how we appropriate what is an American holiday and make it our own?

Anyway, now that I do live in the United States, Thanksgiving is my one of my favorite holidays because it means two things- food and family (or friends). This year, I am spending Thanksgiving with my brother and Co. down in Orange County. I am always THANKFUL for having family so close by.


On another note, aren't these Thanksgiving themed platters pretty? I would order them for myself but really, I am never going to host Thanksgiving dinner at my place for a long time more. But someone really should get them. They are too cute to not have on your thanksgiving table.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Gobble Gobble!

Details:
Sesame Letterpress Harvest Entertaining Platters
West Elm 
$15-$31 each

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails