Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Pics

Yes, yes- I realize that the new year has long come and gone, and not only that, I realize that I have been MIA since Xmas Eve.

I truly am sorry for leaving you all hanging (because really, how does one get by without their daily, if not weekly, dose of "adventures" from little ole me) but what can I say, I got a little distracted during my time at home and then when I finally got back to LA, I was expanding all my energy toward catching up with work and settling back into my routine.

Excuses aside, I promise, I am back, in 2011, with a vengeance! 

And, as a peace offering from leaving you all stranded, here is a small taste of what went down while I was back home in Singapore. Happy Friday!
 
While home, I spent some time reacquainting myself with a cousin who I haven't seen in at least 15 years? Here are 2 scenes from the balcony of her apartment building. 

I apologize for the hazy shots- it was Monsoon season, so rain and overcast skies was definitely an issue. For some reason, the rain always took me by surprise! Guess I haven't been back in Dec in a while.

You can see the Singapore Flyer and Marina Bay Sands in the background of this shot. Oh how the skyline of my city has changed since I left. 

 While somethings in Singapore have changed in the years since I've been gone, there are others that remain exactly as I remember it. Only in an island country as small as Singapore will you see evidence of people utilizing every single space available to them. I mean, come on, in between two escalators at a grocery store??
 
I also spent a lot of time with my BFF Meek. I met her in the CBD (Central Business District) for lunch on a work day and I cannot express how liberating it was to be the only person not in work attire for 100 miles. While downtown, I took a couple of shots of Boat Quay,

and 

 The Fullterton Hotel, which used to be the old General Post Office but is now a 5-star luxury hotel that has the best chocolate buffet! 

Then there was this wedding I attended...

Social activities aside, food was also a main agenda on my trip home...


My mom and I have a tradition of going to high tea with some friends from Church every time I'm back home. This time was no exception. 
Here is the wide array of fruits that were available at high tea at the Marriot Hotel.

 More Fruits! This time, the array of pre-packaged fruits being sold at the fruit monger. 


 Kumpong Chicken Rice- which basically translates to free range chicken rice.


 Dim Sum! The above abalone tarts were out of this world good!

 And my all time favorite, the Chili Crab...

... and the accompanying man tou! Mmmmm.

Stay tuned for more detailed coverage of my foodie eats in Singapore!

2 comments:

  1. Your pics are so vibrant! I'd gladly take some Chili Crab, minus the, um, crab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Oh but the crab is the best part ;) Well... i guess the sauce is not too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails