Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wallpaper

2 months have lapsed since I moved into my grown up, single gal apartment. Electric minty green paint has graced the walls in the bedroom, a new couch and media center have been purchased ("ouch," said my wallet), and my dining room chairs have been given a makeover with a coat of blue paint (detailed coverage to come).

While there is a lot more to be done to make this house (well, apartment) my home, things are looking good and I am as pleased as can be.

But do you remember that long narrow hallway? The one I mentioned previously, the one that I wanted to cover in wallpaper? Yeah, it still remains wallpaper-less. And sadly, will continue to remain so. Wallpapering apartment walls is just unrealistic.

Keeping expectations real, I have been keeping my eyes peeled for wallpaper-esk alternatives and look what I found on New York Magazine's blog The Cut!


Payton Cosell Turner- a young artist with an obvious talent for patterns- created wallpaper using stickers! Each wallpaper pattern is made up of thousands of hand-applied stickers and can be removed and re-applied in any space.

How fun is that? I mean didn't we all get into trouble for pasting our stickers all over our bedroom walls at one time or another?



Now before you get your knickers all up in a bunch, don't worry, I am not crazy enough to attempt this in my apartment, but seriously! How cute!

To see more of Payton's work, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails