Thursday, April 29, 2010

Teishokuya of Tokyo

Stop 3 of Spring Break Asian Extravaganza: T.O.T or Teishokuya of Tokyo. My Singaporean guest and I headed to Little Tokyo to meet up with 2 of her secondary school friends from Singapore who are working in LA now.

Our little group had originally planned to dine at a ramen place but for some reason, we changed our minds and ended up at T.O.T. Thrown off my game, I was a little frazzled as to what to order, but since I was in the mood for something crispy and deep fried, I got the tonkatsu don or fried pork with egg bowl.


I usually do a good job of ordering- you know, when you go to a restaurant and order what you think you want but end up looking at your neighbors dish wishing you had gotten what they ordered... yeah I am usually that neighbor people gaze wistfully at. But this time, I found myself looking longingly at my friends plate and sadly at my own. My tonkatsu was soggy and lacked the deep fried goodness that i was craving. Meanwhile, my friend had ordered some udon noodle goodness with mushrooms and tempura and all that kind of good stuff. She let me have a sip of her broth and the earthy umami goodness of the mushrooms just stole my heart and my poor little tonkatsu (crispy or not) never stood a chance. Oh well...

Details:
Teishokuya of Tokyo
345 E. 2nd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
212-680-0344

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails