Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Cheer: Letters to Santa


This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to tag along with my brother's family as they took their kids to the City of Mission Viejo's annual holiday fair where Santa made an appearance, on a fire engine no less. The excitement on my darling little nephew's face was just so precious.

I don't remember any of these Santa shenanigans from my childhood because I didn't grow up believing in Santa. To me, he was just another character that came about during the Christmas season, like Rudolph, or Frosty the Snowman. I was never told specifically that Santa wasn't real (or maybe I was? I don't remember) nor was I told that he was. If I am not wrong, this was a conscious decision on the part of Mama T.

When I tell some people this, they feel sad for me, thinking that I missed out on some kind of magical tradition, or right of passage that every child goes through. On the contrary, I don't feel like I missed out on anything. I mean I still grew up loving Christmas and I still enjoyed the magic of the season... just maybe in a more adult realistic way I guess.

But then again, one could counter-argue and say you don't know what you've missed.

Either way, whether you still believe in Santa, used to believe in Santa or never believed in him, you can still get in the holiday mood by writing your letter to Jolly Ole St. Nicholas- real or imagined.


Download these free templates from Martha Steward and get cracking on your wish list and mail it to the North Pole... or leave it lying around for one of his "helpers" to find! ;)

Letter to Santa from a Boy 
Letter to Santa from a Girl
Letter to Santa from an Adult 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails